Using bulk-sensitive X-ray microdiffraction in Laue geometry, the distribution of twin domains in La2−xSrxCuO4 under uniaxial pressure is imaged. It is observed that the twin domain with a shorter lattice parameter along the direction of pressure is unstable under compression and disappears completely only under moderate pressure.
Tungstate accumulates in bone and can be resistant to chelation therapies typically used to remove heavy metals in vivo. Here, tungstate is shown to accumulate in mouse bone tissue in a persistent, insoluble form proposed to be condensed polytungstate.
A conductive phase is observed during the carbon coating process of lithium iron phosphate and the phase content is size, temperature, and annealing atmosphere dependent. The formation of this phase is related to the reducing capability of the carbon coating process.
Micro X-ray fluorescence imaging (μ-XFI) and micro X-ray absorption near-edge spectroscopy (μ-XANES) techniques are utilized to investigate the distribution and speciation of zinc in the gills of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) during acute waterborne zinc exposure to understand the interactions with cadmium or copper.
Promoting Effect of Ni(OH)2 on Palladium Nanocrystals Leads to Greatly Improved Operation Durability for Electrocatalytic Ethanol Oxidation in Alkaline Solution
Insights into Biochemical Alteration in Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts by using Novel Correlative Spectroscopy
Ultrasmall and phase-pure W2C nanoparticles for efficient electrocatalytic and photoelectrochemical hydrogen evolution
Very sensitive Elemental and Structural Probe Employing Radiation from a Synchrotron
VESPERS is a hard X-ray microprobe beamline capable of providing a high level of complementary structural and analytical information. The techniques of X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy are employed to analyze a microscopic volume in the sample, as well as X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Multi-bandpass and pink beam capability are built in to meet various requirements. A mm-sized beam is also available for the experiments.
- von Gunten, Konstantin; Bishop, Brendan; Plata Enriquez, Isabel; Alam, Md. Samrat; Blanchard, Peter et al. (2019). Colloidal transport mechanisms and sequestration of U, Ni, and As in m .... Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 265, 292-312. 10.1016/j.gca.2019.09.015.
- Barbi, Mauricio; Bell, Phil R.; Fanti, Federico; Dynes, James J.; Kolaceke, Anezka et al. (2019). Integumentary structure and composition in an exceptionally well-prese .... PeerJ 7, e7875. 10.7717/peerj.7875.
- Chen, Xiujuan; Huang, Gordon; An, Chunjiang; Feng, Renfei; Yao, Yao et al. (2019). Plasma-induced poly(acrylic acid)-TiO2 coated polyvinylidene fluoride .... Journal of Cleaner Production 227, 772-783. 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.04.226.
- Research Highlight: Twin domains in La2−xSrxCuO4 under uniaxial pressure
- Research Highlight: Accumulation of persistent tungsten in bone
- Research Highlight: Formation of conductive phase in LFP during carbon coating
- Research Highlight: Zinc in Fish Gills
- Research Highlight: Promoting Effect of Ni(OH)2 on Palladium Nanocrystals