Tracking of Solution-Phase Concentration Profiles in Li-Ion Battery
Operando Tracking of Solution-Phase Concentration Profiles in Li-Ion Battery Positive Electrodes Using X-ray Fluorescence
Origin of Moisture Stability of Halide Solid-State Electrolytes
Unraveling the Origin of Moisture Stability of Halide Solid-State Electrolytes by In Situ and Operando Synchrotron X-ray Analytical Techniques
An efficient electrocatalyst for CO2 reduction
An efficient CO2 reduction electrocatalyst, comprising Ni and N in situ co-doped into porous and Ni nanoparticle-embedded carbon nanotubes (NiNxCNT), is developed from a sustainable and representative bioligand – folic acid.
VO2 microrod from the reduction of V2O5 thin films
Size, Composition and Alignment of VO2 microrod crystals by the reduction of V2O5 thin films, and their optical properties through insulator-metal transitions
Twin domains in La2−xSrxCuO4 under uniaxial pressure
Using bulk-sensitive X-ray microdiffraction in Laue geometry, the distribution of twin domains in La2−xSrxCuO4 under uniaxial pressure is imaged. It is observed that the twin domain with a shorter lattice parameter along the direction of pressure is unstable under compression and disappears completely only under moderate pressure.
Accumulation of persistent tungsten in bone
Tungstate accumulates in bone and can be resistant to chelation therapies typically used to remove heavy metals in vivo. Here, tungstate is shown to accumulate in mouse bone tissue in a persistent, insoluble form proposed to be condensed polytungstate.
Formation of conductive phase in LFP during carbon coating
A conductive phase is observed during the carbon coating process of lithium iron phosphate and the phase content is size, temperature, and annealing atmosphere dependent. The formation of this phase is related to the reducing capability of the carbon coating process.
Zinc in Fish Gills
Micro X-ray fluorescence imaging (μ-XFI) and micro X-ray absorption near-edge spectroscopy (μ-XANES) techniques are utilized to investigate the distribution and speciation of zinc in the gills of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) during acute waterborne zinc exposure to understand the interactions with cadmium or copper.
Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part C, 206-207, 23-31(2018)
Promoting Effect of Ni(OH)2 on Palladium Nanocrystals
Promoting Effect of Ni(OH)2 on Palladium Nanocrystals Leads to Greatly Improved Operation Durability for Electrocatalytic Ethanol Oxidation in Alkaline Solution
Biochemical Alteration in Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts
Insights into Biochemical Alteration in Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts by using Novel Correlative Spectroscopy
Zinc Speciation in Soils
Effects of Dolomitic Limestone Application on Zinc Speciation in Boreal Forest Smelter-Contaminated Soils
Tooth of a Dinosaur
Chemical and Structural Information from the Enamel of a Troodon Tooth Leading to an Understanding of Diet and Environment
Ultrasmall W2C Nanoparticle for HER
Ultrasmall and phase-pure W2C nanoparticles for efficient electrocatalytic and photoelectrochemical hydrogen evolution
Very sensitive Elemental and Structural Probe Employing Radiation from a Synchrotron
VESPERS is a hard X-ray microprobe beamline capable of providing a high level of complementary structural and analytical information. The techniques of X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy are employed to analyze a microscopic volume in the sample, as well as X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Multi-bandpass and pink beam capability are built in to meet various requirements. A mm-sized beam is also available for the experiments.
* Cycle 37 (Jan-June 2023): Allocation and schedule available via User Portal.
* Cycle 38 (July-Dec 2023): Call for Proposals closed; Review completed; Scheduling in progress.
- CLS Homepage
- CLS User Portal
- Storage Ring Status
- Apply for Beamtime
- General User Access
- Student Travel Support
- Facility Access & Training
- Sample Shipping
- Reporting Publications & Acknowledging the CLS
- Photo Gallery
List of Publications »
- Cai, Mengfan; Qi, Zhiming; Guy, Christophe; An, Chunjiang; Chen, Xiujuan et al. (2023). Insights into the abiotic fragmentation of biodegradable mulches under .... Journal of Hazardous Materials 454, 131477. 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2023.131477.
- Zhang, Bowen; Zhu, Meng-Nan; Gao, Min-Rui; Chen, Jian; Xi, Xiuan et al. (2023). Phase Transition Engineering of Host Perovskite toward Optimal Exsolut .... Angewandte Chemie - International Edition . 10.1002/anie.202305552.
- Zhu, Meng-Nan; Jiang, Haoqing; Zhang, Bo-Wen; Gao, Minrui; Sui, Peng-Fei et al. (2023). Nanosecond Laser Confined Bismuth Moiety with Tunable Structures on Gr .... ACS Nano . 10.1021/acsnano.3c01897.
Latest News »
- Research Highlight: Tracking of Solution-Phase Concentration Profiles in Li-Ion Battery
- Research Highlight: Origin of Moisture Stability of Halide Solid-State Electrolytes
- Research Highlight: An efficient electrocatalyst for CO2 reduction
- Research Highlight: VO2 microrod from the reduction of V2O5 thin films
- Research Highlight: Twin domains in La2−xSrxCuO4 under uniaxial pressure